Why Invest with Asset Finance?
Our lending and investment strategies are designed to deliver the best chance that your savings will be returned with interest. Here’s how...
1. We have designed our lending strategy to diversify risk.
Many finance companies operate by lending large amounts of money to a small group of borrowers. This puts them at increased risk because if one of those borrowers defaults, then the impact to the finance company can be catastrophic.
At Asset Finance, our loan book consists of thousands of loans to thousands of people. This means if one of our borrowers defaults or is unable to honor the debt, cash flow is only slightly affected and the company can absorb the impact rather than our investors.
2. For every dollar you invest, our stakeholders invest a portion
We recognize that your investment is of extreme importance to you, just as it is to us; and when you invest with Asset Finance, you can be sure we are operating with integrity. In fact, to prove to investors that we won’t do anything with your money that we wouldn’t do with our own, we invest as well! This means you can rest assured that our Directors know in very real terms, the importance of making sound decisions when it comes to the management of our business.
For every dollar invested by the public, key stakeholders must invest a portion of their own money.
3. Our trustees oversee our progression
In an effort to minimise risk to investors (and in compliance with statutory legislation), Asset Finance has appointed a trustee company. We have entered into a trust deed with the trustee company and granted them a first-ranking security interest over all Asset Finance's assets.
The trust deed outlines the key parameters within Asset Finance must operate, and the trustee acts on behalf of all investors to monitor compliance with these key parameters. If Asset Finance breaches rules set out in the trust deed, the trustee has the power to step in on behalf of investors and stop the company from trading.
There are plenty of other reasons to invest with our trusted company
Many of our investors like investing in Asset Finance specifically because of the fact we are a boutique finance company operating in a niche market that has proven to be very successful. Here are a few other things we think make us different – we trust you will consider them when you make your decision on whether to take advantage of the great investment rates on offer!
- We don’t do property development lending which means we do not have large amounts of money at risk in speculative projects.
- Our average loan balance is less than $6,000 which means less damage can be done to our company if an individual borrower defaults on payment.
- We have a wide geographical spread of loans, with thousands of borrowers making small repayments each week or fortnight which means that our risk is not concetrated in one area, and we can keep an eye on repayments
- We don’t do motor vehicle dealer finance because dealers often over inflate the value of vehicles – we look for realistic security that could realsitically cover the debt owed if necessary
- We have very experienced management and governance terms and systems in place, with a track record to prove it
- Our loan book consistently generates positive business cash flows
- We don’t lend outside of New Zealand which means we are more protected from global financial crises
And finally: because we offer top notch investment rates direct to you, instead of having to pay a large chunk to a broker or advisor.
Don't just take our word for it, here are what some of our investors had to say...
Selwyn and Gunilla (Northland)
"We have been investors with Asset Finance since well before the period of collapse. I won’t deny that at times a little worry did creep in, but we found that the directors, particularly Clive and Nicola, were always available and willing to talk it through and point out the aspects that make Asset Finance different to other investment companies.
We feel very much reassured and will continue to invest with your company."
William “Squeak” Bell (Bay of Plenty)
“I have been an investor with Asset Finance for four years. I have always found it to be a safe and secure place to invest my money until I need it. They also offer an excellent rate of interest. It’s always nice to be able to deal with local people too."
Mr & Mrs Barker (Bay of Plenty)
"We have been investment clients of Asset Finance for eight years and we have had several investments with them. We have always found the directors and staff open and honest and that’s one of the reasons we made the decision to invest
with Asset Finance. Investing with Asset Finance proved a good experience for us, with staff friendly and accessible and our money has always been paid out on time or before.
The investment was reliable without being complicated and always paid out on time"